Today, Maddie and Claire set off on their 242 mile trip from Kent to the incredible Somerford Park for the British Dressage National Championships.
This is the first time that the Championships have been held at Somerford Park and the first time that our team have been to this venue too (although we have seen many posts on social media and it’s safe to say it looks like equestrian heaven!)
Over the course of the event, we will be supporting our clients’ sponsored classes both in person and digitally. Sponsorship of equestrian events is fantastic for brand awareness and building relationships with customers. Living in such a digital world, sharing stories online through social media channels helps to increase engagement and following, we particularly love Instagram Stories and Reels for this!
Sponsoring classes can often provide your brand an ‘inside look’ at the show, which is something that followers love to see! It’s a great opportunity to capture and share the essence and atmosphere of an event for those who can’t be there. If you’re on event and want to make the most of it, take a look at some of our ideas of what your followers may want to see below:
- Entrance – filming a driveway time lapse on arrival either as a standalone feature or as part of a reel. Bonus points if you have your branding in there too.
- Trade stand location – if you have a trade stand at the event, showing spectators how to find you can be highly beneficial.
- Warm up arena – a classic behind the scenes moment, especially if you have some ‘names’ in their too!
- Interviews/takeovers with sponsored riders – keep it light-hearted and fun! Most riders are always happy to support you with this.
- Entrance into the main arena – particularly good if the arena is spectacular.
- Moments with the grooms – they play such an integral part in the running of competitions, it’s lovely to see some true ‘behind the scenes’ moments.
- Trade stand videos – introduce who spectators can expect to see on the trade stand, a familiar face goes a long way!
- Prize giving – always popular! Particularly the lap of honour.
- Stables – if you are able to go into the stables, this is also popular. Try to grab a sponsored rider for an interview here if possible.
- Course walks – great for building interest before the class starts.
There’s so much incredible content to be captured on events, it really is a pleasure to be able to attend them again. We’re looking forward to a fabulous couple of days at Somerford, come and say hi if you see us!
To find out more about our social media services, click here.